Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thanks for your prayers!

Yesterday was a long and painful day, however, I am at home and doing fairly well. I was in the procedure room for 2 1/2 hours. I was connected to so many monitors, IVs, etc. I would guess at least 40 connectors. For that two hours I had to lay perfectly still. I had to be awake the whole time because putting me to sleep would have also put my heart in a slower rhythm and would make it difficult for them to find the bad areas.

They began by inserting two tubes into the artery in my groin area. The doctor stimulated my heart rate to go as high as 320 beats per minutes - that hurts to have your heart racing that fast. After finding the area they believed caused my initial situation they burned the area that was causing the short circuit (the heart got a little warm, but it wasn't too bad). Then he found a second one - he fixed it and then found a third. He said the third one would have interfered with my normal heart function and he would have to put a pacemaker in. We decided I was much too young to have a pacemaker and so he didn't fix the third one. He doesn't think it will manifest itself, but will have to be aware of it just in case. He was very surprised to find so many. It is unusual to have that many - leave it to me to be "unusual"! LOL

After all was said and done, I had to lay without moving my right leg or raising my head up for 4 more hours. That was difficult to say the least - 6 1/2 hours without moving very little of my body. They then got me up and within a 1/2 hour I was headed home in rush hour traffic. There again, that took a long time.

I was pretty exhausted when we got home. It was a semi-rough night. I am to stay down as much as possible today and for the next 3 days I can not even drive. The next 7-10 I am not allowed to pick up anything or carry anything heavy. I have to give my body time to heal.

This morning, I am doing pretty good. The pain is tolerable and so I decided to write a message to all and thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I know that is what got me through this surgery and truly appreciate everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment